The past month or so has not gone so well on the dieting front, I had a good few weeks where I couldn't go to Slimming World for various reasons, hubby working away or at football mostly but to be honest I can't say I was disappointed as I knew I would have put a bit of weight on. I'd started to become a bit disillusioned with the classes anyway and wasn't finding them remotely motivating. I actually find the woman that runs them a bit rude too, she doesn't even say hello when you arrive and there is no sharing of ideas amongst the group etc.
So I've not been for a few weeks and I'd toyed with the idea of finding a class elsewhere until I read an email yesterday from a diet website yesterday with ideas on how to kick start your weight loss and the first one was 'Hit The Reset Button' In short, if it's not working stop doing it.
So that made my mind up and I've decided I can lose weight on my own. Well, with the help of my family and friends at least. Several friends are also losing weight and so is my sister so we are all going to motivate each other.
So I have devised myself my own plan:
- Try to eat less than 1400 calories a day on week days and allow myself extra for treats on a weekend.
- Use 'diet' shakes on work days (mainly for convenience)
- Eat fresh healthy meals and steer clear of pasta, rice and potatoes.
- Use My Fitness Pal to record my food and exercise.
- Walk further and with friends
- Start using my numerous fitness DVD's and the Wii fit
- Drink more water and less tea.
- Plan my meals in advance
- Bore you all to death by blogging about it!!!
My meal plan for the rest of the week is as follows:
Tangy Trout with Balsamic Salad
Chicken Stir Fry
Paprika Pork Chops with Roasted Veg
Eating out - All you can eat tapas!!
Southern Style Spare Ribs with Celeriac Chips
Some kind of Sunday Roast
Obviously Friday night may prove a tad difficult, we are being taken out by some friends and it's the first time me and hubby have had a night out together for ages so it's all you eat tapas and drinks but you have to treat yourself from time to time.
I am super motivated and long may it last!!